Monday, March 14, 2011

My Next Journey...

Hey everybody! I’m writing to you from beautiful Kona Hawaii during my time in the School of Biblical Studies (SBS). I have this awesome opportunity to spend nine months studying the entire bible inductively. No outside resources are allowed. I've never been the "studious" type and coming here and learning all this has been very hard for me, but I have learned so much already, it is amazing! We are graded individually on every book. I am here for God and my relationship with Him most importantly, to know Him and to make Him known. The thing I love about this school is learning to apply the word of God to my life establishing a solid foundation for whatever I do in life. There is no other way to gain such a thorough understanding of the whole Bible in such a short time. Anyways God has been revealing a lot to me recently about our relationship and He is totally transforming me into a whole new person.

God has put on my heart a mission to Cambodia. In 2008 God revealed a calling upon my heart to reach out to victims of sex trafficking during my outreach time in India and Nepal. During that time God promised I would have another opportunity to go to Cambodia. So here I am in Kona, Hawaii getting the opportunity at the end of the School of Biblical Studies to go to Cambodia to apply everything I have learned and what God has taught me in the process of these 9 months. The country of Cambodia is still recovering from the genocide that happened just over 30 years ago. I would have the opportunity to teach at the ywam base in Siem Reap. They run a free school that teaches English, business, computers, job skills training, and Christian values. Education provides a way to escape the poverty that lingers since the genocide. I would be able to use the knowledge that I learned in SBS to present the gospel to future business men, doctors, lawyers etc. during small group sessions. Through practical education along with biblical teaching I would be used by God to transform their future.

My roommate Sarah went to Cambodia in 2008 for her DTS outreach and she really developed a heart for the people of that country and made relationships with the people at the ywam base there. Now I have the opportunity to go with her and apply all that we have learned through doing SBS. The ministries we will likely be involved with are teaching at the education center, working with victims of sex trafficking in Siem Reap, serving the homeless children of Battambang and relieving the regular staff of the base.

Please keep my health in your prayers during this mission as I will be just finishing up this intense program and jumping right into a mission trip. If you feel led to support me financially through this journey it would be such a blessing. Please know that no gift is too small. I will continue to keep you updated as our plans develop through these next few months.

Be blessed!
Kalyne Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment