Thursday, February 17, 2011

God Story

Okay so I'm so excited because something new has come up =D My roommate and I were taking a walk this morning and starting talking about going on outreach. I had decided beforehand that I did not feel like God was leading to go on outreach even before the school started, but today I feel like God has totally changed my heart about it only I wouldn't be going with a group from SBS. My roommate and I had this amazing RANDOM idea that we could make our own outreach in a way. She has a huge heart for Cambodia because she went there for her DTS outreach and actually ended up staying there when her team left. She built amazing relationships there and good connections with the base. 

God just reminded TODAY during my DTS 2 years ago I had such a huge desire to go on outreach to Thailand and Cambodia but I knew that the Lord was calling to me to go to India and Nepal. I was actually really upset, and felt like I was on the wrong DTS outreach when we got to India but when it came down to it I am so happy that I did go to India and Nepal because God showed me so much about myself and Him there and how much those people need Him. I feel like this year this is my opportunity to go to Cambodia and Thailand like I wanted to 2 years ago. Both my roommate and I feel very strongly about this decision and really feel like God is saying go! How amazing is that? Im going to be sending out support letters to start raising money and telling all of you the details of the ministry we will be doing there. More information will be coming soon when we get in contact with the base leaders in Cambodia! Such an exciting random day for both my roommate and I!! 

Be blessed, 
-Kalyne

1 comment:

  1. Only God is able to do abundantly above all we could ask or think...it will be cool to see how this all plays out.
    He's given you a heart full of compassion, and a desire to touch those who have lived in injustice around the globe.
    I pray you never let go of what He has placed inside of you, because nothing else will fulfill you.
    Love you forever!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete